Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Answer Is Blowin' in the Wind

If you're like me, you probably have something in your home that doesn't quite represent the fabulously stylish person you are...it might be an old tv stand, hand-me-down lamp, or in my case, this...


I made a mental note to replace it when I first saw it, but as it often goes, other things take priority, the fan serves its purpose, and eventually it becomes invisible. That is, until it came time to clean the blades, at which point I became bitter that I was spending one moment of my precious time trying to make this hideous thing look better.

At Style Key West we carry a fabulous line of ceiling fans called Fanimation. So I arrived at work today ready to start shopping in earnest for a replacement for The Beast.

The obvious choice for Key West is tropical.


This lovely fan comes in a variety of finishes and blades. I could choose the palm leaves or go with the woven bamboo


Isn't it heavenly?

Or I could choose one that is curvy and contemporary.


The curve of the blades reminds of ribbons dancing around a Maypole.

I like this one too

It's a no-nonsense little number, and it also comes with an uplight which adds a really nice glow to the ceiling.


I could go sci-fi with this


But I'm pretty sure that would not only terrify the cat but might also be a little alarming to me coming home after a couple of margaritas.

And I have always been intrigued by this model.


It evokes images of Hemingway and Rick's in Casablanca, and it boasts 360 degrees of continuous orbit! Again this is something that might not amuse the cat.

In any case, I have lots of choices. If you find yourself cleaning the dust off of fan that burst onto the scene at the same time as Madonna, you can visit fanimation.com and choose one for yourself.


1 comment:

  1. Great post! Those pictures are terrific.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails