Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Every Box of Bobble Heads Has a Silver Lining

Mine did!

Yes - the much anticipated bobble heads arrived... And while just as hideous as expected, there weren't all that many of them. So that's good. And of course they were meant for the boys' room - it's not like Chris' mom decorates her own lovely house with bobble heads!

Anyway - she put some other goodies in the box for Eleanor, mostly in the way of junk jewelry. But there was a little something for me as well:



Isn't it gorgeous? It's a vintage candy box - or tin.


I'm madly in love with it and need to look up when it was manufactured. Based on the age of great grandparents, it should be the 40s...or possibly a little older?  How does one go about that? I know people do online searches for this kind of thing. But I'm not sure where to start - Ebay?

I do have this info from the bottom:


Here are some more views.







Now I just need to figure out where to put it...

Do you have any old everyday items that are now fabulous and vintage? Makes me want to start saving things for my grandchildren.

Related Posts with Thumbnails