Monday, March 15, 2010

With Liberty and Floral Home Accessories for All (as Long as You Get There By 9:00 a.m.)


I don't know about you, but I've been pretty excited to see the new Liberty of London for Target line. The first thing I did when I woke up yesterday morning was get on the computer - and I must say, the floral home decor items were just adorable:

Tableware...








Frames...




Storage...




Lamps...



Chairs...


(Can you get over that chair? The design isn't really my style - but I have to admit, it's pretty darn cute! I could see it at a teenage girl's desk.)

Bedding...


(I was actually a little disappointed here. Everything looked so cheap. But then again, it is Target...)

And I would absolutely be remiss if I didn't mention the bikes on a Key West website! I wonder if any of these lovelies will be spotted rolling down Duval Street soon...






But...

Apparently, everyone else stayed up until MIDNIGHT to view the goodies online because many of the accessories were already sold out.

So I looked at the clock. It was 8:30 a.m. and Target had been open for about 30 minutes... If I could get the kids dressed quickly enough, we could be there early and see everything in person. So 30 minutes later (sigh - there is no "quickly" with small children) we were out the door. Luckily, Target is very close, so we were there in five minutes.

I was astounded to see Target employees just starting to set up the displays. I mean - after all of that hype, you'd think they'd expect some early customers... But ultimately it worked out for the best since there were some serious shoppers snapping up all the merchandise, and if it was all neatly stocked on shelves when the store opened, we may have missed seeing most of it.

So with kids in cart - this is (literally) how we roll in Target...

...I beelined for the floral signs.

Here are some photos I took of the racks of clothes waiting to be set up:




And here are some of the picked over displays:



Of course I had to do a little shopping (more of that on Wishing True tomorrow), but my absolute favorite items were for little girls. Seriously - the CUTEST dresses ever! But my daughter is now three and entering the "pink is God and the sparklier the better" phase. Don't tell me that you're still in that phase because it's not the same thing. I often think of how the Project Runway judges worry over "taste level." This is what I'm talking about.

Want to read more about that? Visit me at The Big Piece of Cake for some pictures of my picks versus Eleanor's.

Related Posts with Thumbnails