Thursday, February 25, 2010

Floral Inspiration

When we first moved to Key West, I had had a much more conservative style - which isn't surprising after working in Washington, DC for so many years. Personal style is very influenced by your daily surroundings.

So it comes as no surprise that my own personal style and vision for my business has evolved a bit since our move. The foundation is the same - but with so much life and color surrounding me every day, the details have changed. They're brighter, busier...and far more open to whimsy.

Monday's post was about textiles - something that figures prominently in a home furnishings business. And when I look around the shop I can see the influence of the flowers that bloom outside my window. For example:








Do you find inspiration in your own backyard?

Related Posts with Thumbnails