Monday, March 21, 2011

Monday (Pop of) Color

After adding black and white to the mix last week, I've been giving more attention to the "pop of color" effect in some of my favorite images on file.






I generally gravitate toward more color - painted walls and furniture covered in richly hued prints... But lately I've been admiring these spaces with their spare elegance. The lack of competing colors and patterns creates a very serene atmosphere. And the dash of color here and there brings warmth and personality that satisfies my typically color-craving tendencies.

What about you? Would you consider trying a new approach to color in your own home. Maybe just room...we don't need to go crazy here!






Images via:
An Indian Summer, Christina Murphy Interiors, Design Sponge, Martha Stewart, and Tracery Interiors.
Related Posts with Thumbnails