Monday, January 24, 2011

Atlanta Market Report

Last week I was in Atlanta to visit AmericasMart. It had been a few years since I've been to market, but once I entered the building, it all came back to me: SHOP TIL YOU DROP! Woo hoo!

I had spent quite a bit of time setting up appointments and listing all the showrooms that I wanted to visit so I didn't end up wandering aimlessly for three days. My first stop was the Christian Mosso Showroom which features our two lines of bedding, Pine Cone Hill and Peacock Alley, and our Dash & Albert rugs. After two years of Pine Cone Hill and Dash & Albert discontinuing some of our most popular items, I was pleased to report to Jo that the new introductions are perfect for Style Key West.






I also found a showroom in the temporaries called Natural Habitat. Their super-soft quilt and pillows in bright prints will coordinate perfectly with our other bedding.



THE major trend I noticed is that vintage is hot. Practically every showroom featured vintage accessories, pillows and ottomans, lighting and more. I loved it, and although vintage lacks the color that Style Key West is known for, I think the comfort that vintage expresses does fit in with our style.








Practically every showroom featured some version of this:


...or this...


Those colorful jackets hide not literary classics, romantic poetry, or vintage children's books. Nope...just random Readers Digest condensed books and more of that ilk. I don't know about you, but I have enough real books that I treasure to bother with filling my shelves with faux books. And the postcards tied with twine? Seriously? It's all I can do to keep important papers from swallowing my dining table without tossing around little packets of paper for effect.

I did wander up to the 20th floor where the holiday decor is. You can take the girl out of Key West, but...






What fun!

And my favorite item...in the "things that make you go hmmm" category is this chair.



I think it speaks for itself.

It was a great time, I found lots of inspiration at every turn, and I'm so grateful to Jo and Terry for giving me the opportunity.



2 comments:

  1. Wow what fun! I love the colorful rugs and the next set of textiles too. So very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Key West Fans!!
    My husband and I also love your part of the world.
    I was wondering, I have a stone house with land, located in the hills above the large port city of San Remo, ITALY. MY "la dolce vita" escape at the time, for the last several years.Now, I can not travel on a plane for more than 3 hrs..bad knees..I am seeking a small house, or apt, to trade with me for my house in Italy...if you visit this link below you will see my little beauty! Is there anyone out there that would be interested?? Since the real estate SALES market is so bad..I am seeking alternatives to that method..
    please let me know??
    BEST wishes to you all in Key West..
    http://www.internationalpropertyswap.com/Properties/ToSwap/In/Europe/Italy/Liguria/Ref_572

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails