Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Elle Decor's 5 Designers to Watch: Marie Turner

After looking at the designers selected by Elle Decor as the top 25 of 2010 (see Parts I-VIII for images), we started on the list of their five "to watch." And last week, we last posted images from Katie Lydon.

The last of the five is Marie Turner, whom Elle Decor describes as "Part of the bicoastal mother-and-two-daughters firm M. Elle Design, Turner trained at Christie's and with David Collins in London, giving her a strong background in Continental style. Her serene rooms are dappled with discreet pops of color, Hollywood Regency accents, and intriguing custom made furniture."

The website's portfolio is currently under construction, but I was able to pull these images from the home page:






So elegant... The styling is perfect. And of course we love the seashells! What do you think?

And we are DONE! I knew it would take a while to get through all of those designers, but it feels like more than 13 posts. As I said the other week though, it was an excellent exercise in expanding my horizons, considering new perspectives and hopefully evolving my own design aesthetic. I highly recommend this kind of research for anyone who is about to decorate or re-decorate their home. My head is spinning with ideas. Now if only I could come up with some extra money to spend on them!





*Unless otherwise specified, all images procured directly from the designers' websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails