Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Deck the Walls

I've been thinking a lot about the art on my walls lately... I've moved a few things around, had some paintings framed and created a to do list for other frame jobs.

There are so many things I'd like to do in my house right now - but budget and time are my worst enemies! So I've focused on the walls. It's amazing what wall decor can do for a space. Instant personality.

Here are some images I've been hoarding that illustrate this. Picture the rooms without anything on the walls. Pretty blah if you ask me. Okay - maybe not the third image (the wall color and trim are pretty eye catching on their own), but the rest...







And you don't really have to invest much money in decorating your walls...That first image includes framed scarves. Wish you could afford a favorite wallpaper? Get some samples and frame them! This would apply to any textile...fabric samples, carpet, vintage fabrics...

Back in the '80s, my Mom went through a phase of framing old lace antimacassars she picked up at "antique" shops. Sounds a bit precious now - but it was a creative take on the Victorian craze at that time.

I think pretty much anything you love could be framed. Illustrations from falling apart children's books for a nursery! I can keep going... What about you? Any ideas?



1/2/3/4/5/6
Related Posts with Thumbnails