Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Cottage Chinoiserie?

I've always been drawn to Chinoiserie in design. Both in my home and in my work. Such as in my collection of Chinese rose famille porcelains and several Chinese tables. For clients I often used black lacquer Chinoiserie tables and furniture, and screens with fretwork designs.

All that stopped when we came to the tropics because it seemed out of place. But inspired by Anne Harwell's designs, I searched and found these rattan Chinoiserie chairs which I love.



The rattan makes them tropical and yet they give the oriental flavor. We also like the fretwork design of the fabric.

Oh - and those pretty flowers?


My mothers day gift from Kate. Hope you're having a lovely week.

1 comment:

  1. Buy and sell new and used modern, outdoor, office, bedroom and home furniture.
    Choose from a great selection of gently used furniture for every room in your home.
    More here used furniture stores

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails