Friday, September 2, 2011

Rainbows All Around Us

I see a lot of rainbows. And some have been so incredibly memorable.

The technicolor one arcing over the road alongside the Potomac River as I drove home from work...The ethereal one that appeared in and out of the mist as my family drove to Hilton Head...The one that my children and I chased all over our neighborhood after spotting it in the sky on our drive home from the store. (Just realized that they're mostly memories that involve driving. Huh.)

And I see them all over my house. Always little ones though. The kind that appear on the carpet or the walls - light refracted by angles in the window panes.

But I have never in the almost five years I've lived in this house, seen something like this:


I'll take it as a sign of good things to come. Or at least a good weekend - hope you have one of those!

Related Posts with Thumbnails